The presentation services tier is responsible for:
• Gathering information from the user
• Sending the user information to the business services for processing
• Receiving the results of the business services processing
• Presenting those results to the user
The business services tier is responsible for:
• Receiving input from the presentation tier.
• Interacting with the data services to perform the business operations.
• Sending the processed results to the presentation tier.
The data services tier is responsible for the:
• Storage of data.
• Retrieval of data.
• Maintenance of data.
• Integrity of data.